Friday, July 9, 2010

Water Pik Goes Postal

It's so good to laugh! Everyday life gives us many occasions to do so. Yesterday sweet Naomi got her braces. She was so eager to get them and then show me her color selection of pink and blue bands to match her shirt. Ta da! A new thing to care for.

So this morning I say, "Hey Nomi, let's do your teeth this morning, together, just to make sure you know what you are doing."

"Sure Mom."

Did I say that I knew what I was doing? Obviously not. I started to assemble her new water pik. Hey, how hard can it be? I carefully read the instructions before I turned it on. Set the setting on low as recommended.

"Okay, Nomi...open up. Mama's comin' in; just pretend I'm the dental hygienist."

Excuse me while I laugh for a moment. My first attempt ended up in Naomi's eye! Next, we moved closer to her braces only to discover that the water tickles her mouth and now she is returning the favor all over the front of my shirt. Wow! good thing this thing isn't on high speed. After trying to find the off button, the Pik turns towards the ceiling and is now leaving water marks all over it! Pik goes postal! Duck!

Excuse me, but is this typical for first-time users? Oh well, we finally got through our maiden voyage of the Pik. I don't think Nomi wants my help tomorrow. She might stop by for a laugh though. And the water marks on my ceiling, I hope they stay there for awhile so that I can remember how much laughter there is in daily life.

No comments: